Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Build the wall!

This is me working on the tiles for Vargenstone as a quasi tutorial on digitally painting tiles.  It's more of a software recommendation than a tutorial, really.

There is a second part in the works.  This is a picture of the first tile made in part 2:

One thing I'm learning from this project is that everything takes longer than I expect.  I figured this would take me an hour or so.

It definitely went with 'Or so'. I've been at this almost three hours.

Here's a tutorial someone else wrote on making good tiles for a game, using Metroid Fusion as an example.

1 comment:

  1. I'm terrible about predicting the amount of time that art or home improvement will require. And, it isn't just like 50% off, it's more like 500% off. I wonder how pros manage to know so well? They're probably just smarter and more experienced than me. At least I can rectify one of those deficiencies.

    ReplyDelete